Drink Emergent-C! (But Drink the Kool-Aid First)05/12/2008
By Becky Garrison
Twenty youth pastors in parachute pants and Hanes Beefy-T's expressed mild disapproval for what they called "spiritual copyright infringement" after seeing the latest ad campaign for Emergen-C Health and Energy Water (www.emergenc.com), which they consider a ripoff of the vitamin water sold in megachurches everywhere. We speak, of course, of . . . EMERGENT-C!
• Emergent-C is so much more than just Emergent Church.
• The foundation of Emergent-C is generative friendships.
• Emergent-C’s publishing line provides your body and soul with vital, life-sustaining Emergent Church in a non-acidic, stomach-friendly formula with added Phd power.
• Beta Barack booster.
• Spiritual Supplement enables you to move toward a church without belief thanks to Alpha Obama political power.
• Emergent-C fuels your prayers with the natural postmodern buzz of fair trade coffee.
• Rogaine-enhanced to encourage goatee growth.
• All combined, Emergent-C is a potent blend of church planters, Phd students, pastors, and other mighty males that support moving toward faith as a way of life.
• Made in the USA